Serves: 4 people
1 kg Caster Sugar
45 ml Irish Whiskey
200 g Lemon
1 - Lemon
juice only (no pips)
50 g Lime
500 g SuperValu Signature Tastes Clemengold
750 ml Supervalu Signature Tastes Fresh Orange Juice 1L
- Quarter the fruit, unpeeled into a food processor and blitz until a fine pulp.
- Place the fruit, sugar and whiskey into the saucepan and sieve the lemon juice and orange juice into the pot also. Mix thoroughly to ensure that all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Place the saucepan over a moderate heat and bring to a boil for 3 minutes then reduce the heat to allow the mixture to simmer.
- It is important that the marmalade is stirred frequently to prevent it from sticking to the base of the pot.
- Transfer the marmalade to sterilised jars and place the lids on top.