All the family love Turkey so we normally have a turkey for Christmas dinner. Don’t forget to weigh the Turkey once it has been stuffed and allow the extra time for cooking.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 10 people
Add all ingredients Select All
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- First, prepare the sage butter. Soften the butter in a bowl add the sage and mix.
- Rub some butter underneath the turkey breast skin by lifting the skin gently with your hands and massaging the butter onto the flesh.
- Add your stuffing of choice. Click here for Almond and Sage Stuffing recipe.
- Don't forget to weigh the turkey again with the stuffing enclosed.
- Put the Turkey onto a large roasting tray and place in the preheated oven.
- If you feel the turkey is browning too quickly you can cover down the turkey with some tin foil for the first two hours.
- Allocate 20 minutes per pound and then an additional 20-30 minutes in the oven. In total it should take about 4-5 hours.
- When a skewer is inserted into the meat nearest the bone (ie-the Leg) the juices should run completely clear.
- Allow the meat to rest when it comes out of the oven and carve as required.