A flavour of Christmas that is delicious all year around. The better the mincemeat, the better the slice, so I use SuperValu Signature Tastes Mincemeat.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Egg
2 tbsp Flaked Almonds
1 tbsp Milk
2 sheets Puff Pastry
1 tbsp SuperValu Icing Sugar
410 g SuperValu Signature Tastes Luxury Mincemeat
1 tub SuperValu Signature Tastes Irish Cream Liqueur Gelato
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Lightly grease a 38cm x 24cm baking tray and line with non-stick baking paper.
2. Roll the pastry out to fit the baking tray. Place it on the paper, then spoon the mincemeat onto the pastry and spread it out evenly.
3. Roll out the remaining sheet of pastry until it’s 2mm thick, then cut it into strips 6mm wide. Place them in a criss-cross pattern across the mincemeat.
4. Crack the egg into a small bowl and whisk with the milk to make an egg wash. Brush this egg wash across the top of the strips, then sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown and the pastry is cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then dust with the icing sugar. Cut into slices and serve warm with a scoop of SupeValu Signature Tastes Irish Cream Liqueur Gelato.