These are a great gluten free option to the classic gingernut biscuit! Add gluten free chocolate chips if you like.
Serves: 10 people
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
200 g Caster Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 - Fresh Egg
1 tbsp Golden Syrup
1 tsp Ground Ginger
100 g SuperValu Butter
200 g Tritamyl Gluten Free Flour
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth dough is formed.
- Break the dough into walnut size pieces and roll into a ball.
- Place on baking tray lined with baking parchment and flatten gently with two fingers.
- Bake for 25-30mins until dark brown.
- Remove from oven, leave on baking tray for five minutes so that biscuits can set, then transfer to wire tray to cool.
*Check Coeliac Society of Ireland Food List for gluten free brands.