Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie shares her recipe for ginger bread fun with the kids!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0.5 tsp Baking Powder
75 g Butter
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 - Fresh Egg
1 tsp Ground Ginger
75 g Light Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
250 g Plain Flour
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, maple syrup and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- Sift the flour and spices into a bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, shape the dough into a bowl and place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out into a thin layer and cut into shapes.
- Place on a parchment lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before decorating.
Your ginger bread can be stored up to 1 week in your airtight Mummy Cooks portion pots
Thanks to www.mummycooks.ie for sharing this recipe.