This coleslaw-style salad is excellent in any Christmas leftover sandwiches, especially with cold leftover ham.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0.5 tsp Black Pepper
0.5 - Celeriac
400 g Chickpeas
drained and rinsed
1 tsp Cloves
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 - Lime
1 tsp Manuka Honey
50 ml Organic Cider Vinegar With Mother
1 - Red Onion
1 clove Rose Garlic
0.5 tsp Salt
200 g Savoy Cabbage
200 g Spiralised Carrot
200 ml SuperValu Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 - SuperValu Star Anise
- Toast the garlic and spices in a dry frying pan set over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the olive oil, cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper into a medium glass jar and add the toasted whole garlic clove and spices. Put the lid on the jar tightly and give it a couple of shakes to emulsify the liquid. Leave overnight in the fridge if possible.
- Cut the red onion into very thin halfmoon slices. Cut the unpeeled celeriac into four wedges lengthways. Using a spiraliser, create celeriac spaghetti. The celeriac can be grated if you don’t have a spiraliser. Toss the celeriac in the lime juice.
- To serve, mix the onion with the spiralised celeriac, carrot and cabbage and the drained chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Remove the star anise, cloves and garlic from the dressing, then pour it over the salad and serve straight away.