Milk chocolate will be best choice if you prefer a smoother chocolate intensity.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
50 g Caster Sugar
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
75 ml Cointreau
or Gan Marnier
300 g Filo Pastry
2 - Fresh Egg
60 ml Grand Marnier
150 g Milk Chocolate
of good quality, dark or milk choclate, coarsely chopped
500 g Mixed Berries
185 ml SuperValu Cream
0 - SuperValu Lemon
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 4mm-thick disc.
- Line the pastry in a round 3cm-deep 23cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin with removable base or individual tart tin.
- Trim excess.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Line the pastry case with non-stick baking paper or cling film and fill with pastry weights or rice.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the paper and pastry weights or rice.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Reduce oven temperature to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3.
- Place the chocolate, cream and cocoa powder in a medium bowl over a simmering saucepan of water over a low heat.
- Stir the mixture frequently for 5 minutes or until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth and just warm.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the eggs and liqueur and combine.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the pastry case.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 -12 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from the oven, Set aside for 3-4 hours to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the berries with lemon juice and caster sugar in a pan until bubbling and add the liqueur, tilt the pan sideways to ignite the berries.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool down.
- To serve place the berries into the centre of the tartlet and a dollop of cream.