These are very rich and indulgent. Good quality chocolate makes all the difference, so try to get chocolate with a minimum of 50% cocoa solids.
Serves: 2 people
100 g Milk Chocolate
broken into pieces
0 - SuperValu Cream
0 - Toffee Ice Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Generously butter 2 pudding basins or ramekins.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining 40g of the butter until melted.
- Set aside.
- Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until stiff peaks have formed.
- Whisk in half of the sugar, a third at a time, whisking well after each addition until stiff and very shiny.
- In a separate bowl, beat the remaining sugar and egg yolks until pale and fluffy, then beat into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the meringue and use to fill the prepared cups two-thirds full.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes until well risen but still with a slight wobble in the middle.
- Serve with a spoon of Ice Cream.