Those cookies are perfect for afternoon tea and small treats. They will keep fresh and soft in the centre for a few days.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
205 g SuperValu Caster Sugar
2 large SuperValu Eggs
50 g SuperValu Icing Sugar
130 g SuperValu Self-Raising Flour
60 g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
60 ml Vegetable Oil
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa powder, caster sugar and vegetable oil. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract. When smooth add the self-raising flour and stir to combine without over stirring until smooth dough is formed.
- Cover the mixture with cling film and leave to settle for 30 minutes.
- Next, form double walnut size balls of the chocolate mixture and dip each of them in icing sugar.
- Place on the prepared baking tray and press lightly.
- Bake in the oven for 18 - 20 minutes until the cookies have crinkled but are still soft in the centre.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 5 - 10 minutes before lifting the cookies.