Chocolate chip cookies are a firm favourite in our house and when we make them they always go down a treat. The beauty of this recipe is you can vary the recipe as much as you like and sometimes I like to add is some mixed spice and dried fruit for a varied alternative.
Serves: 0 people
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 - Fresh Egg
175 g Light Brown Sugar
110 g Mixed Chocolate Chips
350 g Plain Flour
175 g SuperValu Butter
110 g SuperValu Goodness Pistachio Nuts
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Cream the butter and sugar with the vanilla extract for 4-5 minutes in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and beat for a few minutes.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder and the salt.
- In a separate bowl add the mixed nuts and the chocolate chips.
- Add the sifted flour mixture to the butter and egg mixture and beat slowly until the mixture comes together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mixed nuts and beat until combined.
- Break some of the dough into small balls and place on a lined baking tray
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven (180C/350F/Gas Mark 4)
- Allow to cool down and serve.
- This mixture freezes quite successfully:
- To freeze it I tend to roll it into long thick coils and then you can cut the mixture easier.