They say that chocolate is a natural stimulant. After tasting these brownies you will see that that is most definitely true. Body and soul will become stimulated.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
225 g Butter
225 g Dark Chocolate
4 large Fresh Egg
75 g Hazelnuts
100 g Self-Raising Flour
225 g SuperValu Brown Sugar
110 g White Chocolate
chopped into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4Grease and line a 9 inch square cake tin.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a bowl set over simmering water.
- Beat the eggs and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Sieve the self raising flour and gently fold it into the chocolate and egg mixture.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate and hazelnuts with the flour and mix well. Do not over mix as the air will be knocked out of the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and cook for 35-40 minutes until the centre of the cake feels firm on the surface but with an element of softness underneath.
- Allow the cake to cool slightly in the tin and then after a few minutes remove from the tin and cut into even sized squares.
Serve with a scoop of your favourite Ice-Cream.