Looking for some back to school dinner inspiration? Try out this delicious chilli beef jacket potatoes.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
2 - Carrots
peeled and finely chopped
400 g Lean Round Steak Mince
1 tsp SuperValu Chilli Powder
1 clove SuperValu Garlic
1 - SuperValu Onion
4 large SuperValu Potatoes
scrubbed and pierced with a fork
1 tub SuperValu Sour Cream
400 g SuperValu Tinned Tomatoes
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Pierce the skin with a fork then place in the oven for approximately 45 minutes, until the skin is nice and crunchy and the centre is soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a pan. Add the onion, carrot and garlic together and sauté for 3-4 minutes until just beginning to soften but not colour.
- Stir the mince into the pan and cook for 5 minutes until browned, breaking up any lumps with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add in the Worcestershire sauce and stir in the tomatoes, paprika and chilli powder and cook gently for another 15-20 minutes until completely cooked through.
- To serve, cut a cross shape in the potatoes and gently squeeze both sides, add a generous serving on chilli beef.
- Try a dallop of sour cream of top.