Serves: 4 people
0 - Black Pepper
0 - Salt
1 - SuperValu Free Range Whole Chicken
For the Stuffing
1 small Onion
50 g SuperValu Apricots
2 tbsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
100 g SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
150 g Superquinn Award Winning Irish Sausages
- Firstly, prepare the stuffing . Mix together the breadcrumbs, sausagement, onion, apricots and dried herbs and season with some salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Remove the chicken wings from the chicken and freeze to use later. Place the butchers twine across the board crossways, then lay the legs in the centre with the flesh side up.
- Place the stuffing in the centre of legs, then place the chicken breasts on top. Bring the twine in from the sides and tie to create a parcel. Place on to a baking tray and season.
- In the meantime, heat the honey in a small sauce over a medium heat, add the mustard and stir to combine. Pour the honey and mustard over the chicken and place in a preheated oven for 40 - 45 minutes, then remove from the oven and let rest for a minimum of 5 minutes.