This simple recipe is a risotto myth-buster, as you'll end up with perfect risotto that's not at all gluey. It's a great dish to make over a short period of time, very nutritious and filling too.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 L Chicken Stock Cube
125 ml Dry White Wine
200 g Mushrooms
450 g Risotto Rice
60 g SuperValu Butter
50 ml SuperValu Cream
200 g SuperValu Fresh Chicken Fillets
cooked and sliced, or use chicken legs
2 - SuperValu Fresh Thyme
1 - SuperValu Lemon
60 ml SuperValu Olive Oil
2 - SuperValu Shallots
120 g SuperValu Signature Tastes Parma Ham 100g
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Bring the stock just to the boil in a large saucepan. Reduce the heat and hold at a gentle simmer.
- In a separate wide saucepan with a thick base, slowly heat 40g of the butter and 40ml of the oil on a low heat. Add the chopped shallots and thyme. Cook very gently for about 60 seconds, until completely softened.
- Add the rice and coat with the butter, ensuring it does not stick to the base of the pan. Cook the rice for 1 minute, until it becomes glazed. Add the white wine and continue to slowly stir the rice.
- The wine will evaporate quite quickly now, so over a low heat, add some chicken stock to the rice one ladle at a time, never adding the next ladle until the previous one has been absorbed. It is vitally important not to rush this process. Continue to add all of the liquid until the rice is plump and tender, which will take 18 to 22 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining oil in another pan, add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes on a high heat until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Fold the mushrooms into the risotto. Add the chicken pieces, Parmesan and cream and combine gently. Finish with the lemon juice and remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste
Kitchen Tip: Using a highly flavoured, good quality chicken stock will really benefit this dish.