Delicious healthy baby recipe courtesy of MummyCooks.ie
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
4 - Chicken Breast
cut into chunks
175 ml Chicken Stock Cube
2 tins Chopped Tomatoes
5 tsp Double Concentrate Tomato Purée
2 cloves Garlic
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 - Onion
2 - Red Pepper
deseeded and cut into strips
1 medium SuperValu Chillies
red, deseeded and sliced (optional, leave out if preparing for a young baby)
0 - SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
0.5 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Rosemary
0.5 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Thyme
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a deep, oven-proof pan that is big enough to fit the chicken in a single layer.
- Lightly brown the chicken for 3-4 minutes and set aside.
- Add the onion peppers, dried herbs, garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add in the stock and stir well, before adding the tomatoes and purée.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, add the chicken, cover and bake for 20mins.
- Remove the cover and cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked remove from the oven sprinkle with parsley and serve with some rice, mashed potato or polenta.
Storage and Texture
- 4mth+ -Not Suitable because of texture
- 6-9mths – Blended with some texture. - Store in your 3oz or 4oz Babypotz
- 9-12mths – Minced and mashed with soft lumps. - Store in your 5oz or 6oz Babypotz
- Finger Food – Allow your baby to eat whole as you would serve the family. - Store in your 8oz portion pot and heat as required.
Thanks to MummyCooks.ie for sharing this recipe.