Looking for a quick and easy after school dinner? Try this delicious Chicken and Mushrooms Crepe Bake.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
For the Chicken and Mushroom Sauce
1 pinch Black Pepper
100 g Cheddar Cheese
100 ml Chicken Stock Cube
400 g Mushrooms
125 ml SuperValu Cream
2 - SuperValu Fresh Chicken Fillets
cut into small pieces
1 - SuperValu Onion
100 ml White Wine
For the Crepe/Pancake Batter
2 - Fresh Egg
350 ml Milk
150 g Plain Flour
50 g SuperValu Butter
melted plus extra for cooking
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
2 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
- First, prepare the crepes. Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add all the other batter ingredients and whisk well to remove any lumps. Let the batter rest in the fridge for at least an hour before making the crepes to allow the mixture to settle.
- In the meantime prepare the filling, heat some oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add mushrooms and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and all liquid has evaporated.
- Add the white wine, cream and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and add the chicken pieces. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened and chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Then, remove the crepe batter from the fridge, and combine to check the consistency.
- Heat a nonstick flat pan, or crepe pan, add a tablespoon of clarified butter.
Ladle a little batter into the centre of the pan, tilting the pan so that the batter covers the surface thinly and evenly.
- Cook on both sides until lightly browned. Slide it out of the pan onto a side plate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Spoon 2 tbsp chicken and mushroom mixture into the centre of a crepe and roll to enclose the filling. Place in a ovenproof dish.
- Repeat with remaining crepes. drizzle over any leftover sauce. Sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Place the ovenproof dish in the oven or under a grill for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Stand for a few minutes before serving.