This is a really delicious take on the classic chicken a la king that is foolproof and quick and easy to make.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Celery
125 ml Fresh Cream
350 ml Milk
110 g Mushrooms
60 g Plain Flour
1 - Red Pepper
60 g SuperValu Butter
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 - SuperValu Onion
300 g SuperValu Quality Irish Chicken Fillets
cut into very thin strips
400 g SuperValu Rice
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
- Place your pan on a moderate heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the chicken strips and cook for a minute or 2 until fully sealed.
- Add the sliced onion and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Next add the pepper, celery and mushrooms and fry for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the flour, stirring continuously for about 2 minutes.
- Begin adding the milk stirring all the time until you have a nice smooth texture in the sauce.
- Add the cream and stir until the mixture is hot (not boiling), then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, place the rice on the plate and top with the delicious, creamy, chicken sauce.