Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 - Black Pepper
1 clove Garlic
1 - Lemon
140 g Plain Flour
1 - Salt
200 ml Soy Milk
270 g SuperValu Asparagus
20 g SuperValu Fresh Basil
20 g SuperValu Fresh Coriander
20 g SuperValu Fresh Dill
20 g SuperValu Fresh Mint
75 g SuperValu Pine Nuts
60 g SuperValu Rocket Leaves
200 g Vegan Cheese
100 g Vegan Mozzarella
180 g Vegan Pesto
FOR THE PANCAKES
- Place the flour and non-dairy milk into a large bowl and whisk until combined into a batter. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a heated and oiled pan, ladle a large spoonful of batter. Flip the pancake over when bubbles start to appear. This should take 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and set aside.
FOR THE HERB AND CONDIMENTS BOARD
- Arrange the herbs, halved lemon and leaves, of your choice, onto a large board/ platter.
- Toast the pine nuts until lightly browned in a heated pan and place into a small bowl. Keep an eye on the pine nuts as they can burn easily.
- For serving the remaining ingredients, Spoon the Violife Creamy and vegan pesto into separate small bowls and add to board/ platter. Place the pancakes onto the board
FOR THE ASPARAGUS
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut off the tough end of the asparagus spears. Place on a tray and drizzle with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and scatter the asparagus with an even layer of vegan mozzarella.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted.
- Fill your pancake with a selection of fresh herbs and leaves, cheesy asparagus, pesto, cream cheese, pine nuts and a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy.