Siobhan Berry of www.mummycooks.ie shares her recipe for Cheesy Broccoli and Chicken Bake.
Serves: 4 people
separated into florets
SuperValu Grated Cheddar Cheese
made into breadcrumbs
- Heat a large pan with the olive oil and add the chicken pieces, fry off until golden and cooked through.
- Boil a large pot of water; add the macaroni and broccoli simmer for 6-8 minutes, until the macaroni is cooked to your liking.
- Strain off and allow to cool slightly while you prepare the cheese sauce.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter, stir in the flour until it forms a paste.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, ensuring you are not left with any lumps of flour.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, remove from the heat and stir in 2 cups of the cheese.
- Stir the sauce into the macaroni and broccoli mix.
- Preheat your grill.
- Place the mix into a large oven proof dish, scatter the bread crumbs and remaining cheese over the top.
- Place under the grill for 3-4 minutes until golden and crispy.
For more delicious recipes and storage solutions for your family visit www.mummycooks.ie