Serves: 7 people
60 g Cheddar Cheese
175 ml Milk
2 tsp Plain Flour
1 - SuperValu Cauliflower
stalks removed and broken into florets
2 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
4 tsp SuperValu Unsalted Irish Creamery Butter 227g
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a pan and barely cover with water and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt half the butter over a low heat, then stir in the flour and cook for 2 -3 minutes until all the flour has been absorbed.
- Add the milk, a little at a time, stirring continuously until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Cheddar cheese.
- Add the cooked cauliflower, stir well and place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the cauliflower/cheese mixture then melt the remaining butter and drizzle over the dish.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden, mash to desired consistency.