This is a fantastic way of cooking the Brussels sprouts and it makes for a very interesting option.
Serves: 4 people
SuperValu Brown Sugar
SuperValu Brussels Sprouts
SuperValu Goodness Walnuts
SuperValu Irish Creamery Butter
- Trim Brussels sprout taking off the rough outer leaves.
- Make a cross with a sharp knife in the bottom of each.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the sprouts.
- Boil for 6-8 minutes until soft and tender. Strain off the water.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan or wok, melt the butter and quickly fry the walnuts until starting to get crispy.
- Add in the sugar and the cranberries and continue to cook until the sugar is dissolved and the cranberries are just starting to pop.
- Add the sprouts and toss around in the pan making sure that they are well coated and piping hot. Serve immediately