Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 16 people
Add all ingredients Select All
For the Brownies
250 g Butter
150 g Caster Sugar
250 g Dark Chocolate
3 - Large Eggs
225 g Self-Raising Flour
125 g Soft Golden-Brown Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 23cm square
baking tin with parchment paper.
- For the brownies, melt together the chocolate and butter over a
bain-marie or in short 30-second microwave stints. Stir to ensure it melts evenly.
- Beat the sugars and eggs together briefly using a whisk. Then slowly pour in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Stir through the flour and then tip into your tin. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until risen but still a little soft to touch. Leave to cool
completely in the tin.
- When the brownies are cooling, you can make the topping. Add the ingredients for the icing to a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Whisk continuously until the sugar has melted, the mix has
reached 75°C and the granules have dissolved. Keep whisking
until it comes up to temperature.
- Transfer to a freestanding mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Once the brownies have cooled, spread over the espresso marshmallow icing.