Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 0 people
Add all ingredients Select All
2 tsp Bread Soda
2 large Fresh Egg
50 g Plain Flour
50 g Porridge Oats
500 ml SuperValu Buttermilk
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
1 tsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
350 g SuperValu Wholemeal Flour
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas Mark 3.
- Put the flours, sieved bread soda, salt and porridge oats into a large mixing bowl and well them well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together with the oil and add to the dry mixture. Next, mix in the buttermilk and get the mix to a “sloppy” consistency.
- Pour into a 2lb loaf tin and smooth the top of the bread with a wet spoon. Sprinkle some seeds or porridge oats on top of the bread and bake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove the bread from the tin and return to the oven to bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool down.
This bread stays fresh for about 4-5 days and can be frozen.