An ideal valentines breakfast treat for that special someone.
Serves: 4 people
1 tsp Baking Powder
40 g Buckwheat Flour
25 g Butter
1 tbsp Capers
100 ml Creme Fraiche
1 - Eggs
2 - Eggs
1 - Lemon
0 - Olive Oil
40 g Plain Flour
1 pinch Salt
200 ml SuperValu Buttermilk
1 bunch SuperValu Fresh Dill
chopped (reserve some for decoration)
350 g SuperValu Smoked Salmon
- Mix the Crème Fraîche with the dill and capers, a squeeze of lemon and season.
- Sift the buckwheat flour, plain flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Mix the egg and buttermilk and then whisk into the flour.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and spray with oil and add 1 large tablespoon of mixture per blini into a heart shaped cutter
- Cook the blinis for 2 minutes on each side or until browned on a medium heat
- Scramble the eggs with a knob of butter in a pan on a low heat
- Serve blinis with smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and Crème Fraîche, squeezed with lemon and dotted with dill and black pepper.