This thick sauce is a great accompaniment for any roast poulty dish.
Serves: 4 people
Goodall's Whole Cloves
SuperValu Fresh Breadcrumbs
- Stud the cloves into the onion and place in a large saucepan with the bay leaves, pour the milk over them and bring gently to the boil.
- When the milk has come to the boil remove the studded onion and bay leaves.
- Sprinkle in the breadcrumbs and allow to cook on a very gentle heat for 8-10 minutes.
- At this stage, stir in the nutmeg, butter and cream which will enrich the flavour of the sauce.
- Allow to cook for another 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a sauceboat, ready to serve.