Blinis are mini pancakes, they are fantastic party food as you can add toppings to suit both vegetarians and non vegetarians - you can make batches of them as they freeze well.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 12 people
Add all ingredients Select All
225 g Cream Cheese
2 - Fresh Egg
100 ml Milk
75 g Plain Flour
45 g SuperValu Butter
2 tsp SuperValu Fresh Chives
250 g SuperValu King Prawns
deveined & cooked
1 - SuperValu Lemon
cut into wedges to serve
1 - SuperValu Lime
juice & rind
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and add the milk, eggs and a pinch of salt.
- Combine thoroughly and allow to rest for approx 1 hour.
- Place a large pan over a medium heat and add some butter, add the batter a dessertspoonful per pancake, and cook for minute, flip and cook for a further minute or until golden.
- Remove from the pan and transfer to a plate, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat until all the remaining batter is used.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese with the lime rind, juice and snipped chives.
- Add a spoonful of cream cheese onto each blini and top with a prawn.
- Drizzle with some lemon if desired and serve immediately.