The crumble mixture works well on top of any fruit.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 tsp Baking Powder
50 g Caster Sugar
25 g Plain Flour
225 g SuperValu Blackberries
halved if large
25 g SuperValu Brown Sugar
25 g SuperValu Butter
cut into cubes
9 - SuperValu Granny Smith Apples
peeled and quartered
25 g SuperValu Ground Almonds
2 - SuperValu Orange
finely grated rind and juice
1 tsp SuperValu Porridge Oats
0 - SuperValu Vanilla Ice Cream Pint Block 568ml
25 g SuperValu Wholemeal Flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Place the apples and blackberries in a pan with the caster sugar, orange rind and juice.
- Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook gently for 5 minutes until the fruits are tender but still holding their shape.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Sift the plain and wholemeal flour into a bowl with the baking powder.
- Stir in the brown sugar, baking powder, almonds and oatmeal.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Pour the fruit into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the crumble on top.
- Put the dish on a large baking tray and bake for 45 minutes until the crumble topping is crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with your favourite SuperValu ice–cream.