These black pudding samosas are the perfect party food.
Serves: 0 people
De Roiste Black Pudding
peeled and diced into 2-3mm pieces
- Preheat the deep fat fryer to 190°C.
- Remove the skin from the puddings and cut into slices 2-3mm thick.
- Melt the butter in a pan, over a medium heat. Add the pear, cayenne and the caster sugar and cook for about 3 minutes until golden. Using a slotted spoon remove the pears from the pan onto a plate and set aside.
- Trim the fi lo sheets to obtain rectangular lengths 10x30cm.
- Combine the egg yolk and a teaspoon of millk for an egg-wash. Brush the edges of the sheet with a little egg wash. Place half a disc of pudding and a little of the cooked pear onto the bottom left triangle of the sheet and fold the triangle onto the immediate symmetrical triangle.
- Repeat as necessary for the length of the pastry.
- Brush the remaining pastry sides with egg wash and stick the samosas together.
- Place the samosas in the deep fat fryer basket and lower into the preheated oil, cook for 3-4 minutes until coloured and crunchy. Serve immediately.