You can use fresh peppers instead of beef tomatoes. Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds and membrane. Put the peppers in a micro-safe dish, cut side down, and add 2cm of water. Cover and cook on high for 4 minutes. Remove from the water and allow to cool on kitchen paper before filling with tabbouleh.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
50 g Cherry Tomatoes
0.5 - Cucumber
deseeded and diced
1 pinch Ground Cinnamon
1 pinch Ground Coriander
1 - Lemon
4 tbsp Olive Oil
100 g Quinoa
2 - Spring Onions
15 g SuperValu Fresh Mint
15 g SuperValu Fresh Parsley
4 - Tomatoes
For The Dressing
1 small Garlic
clove, finely chopped
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes, scoop out the inside with a teaspoon and discard. Place upside down on a piece of kitchen paper to drain.
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions, then remove the lid and allow to cool.
- To make the dressing, crush the garlic clove with the blade of your knife and pop it into a clean jar with the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, screw the lid on tightly and shake vigorously to mix.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the cooled quinoa along with the spring onions, cucumber, fresh herbs and spices and mix gently.
- Remove the garlic clove from the dressing and discard. Use about half the dressing on the salad, adding more to taste. Any leftover dressing can be refrigerated and will keep for a few days.
- Fill the tomatoes with the tabbouleh. This can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.