I like to use a filo pastry crust on this French Classic, you could top with some mashed potato if preferred.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
250 ml Beef Stock
4 - Filo Pastry
6 - Mushrooms
1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
250 ml Red Wine
0 - SuperValu Butter
melted to glaze
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
Thyme and Rosemary
2 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 - SuperValu Onion
800 g SuperValu Quality Irish Diced Beef
cut into 2cm cubes
0 - SuperValu Salt
2 tbsp SuperValu Tomato Purée
100 g Supervalu Smoked Bacon Lardons
- Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish and seal the beef in batches, turning for 4-5 minutes until sealed all over, then using a slotted spoon remove from and set aside.
- Once all the beef has been sealed, add the remaining oil and add the onion, garlic, herbs and lardons, cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion have softened and the lardons are slightly crispy.
- Add the mushrooms and stir for a further minute.
- Next add the tomato puree, then return the beef to the casserole dish, pour in the wine and stock.
- Season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in a covered casserole dish casserole and place into a preheated oven for 1hr 15 minutes, until the beef is tender.
- Remove from the oven and pour the contents into a casserole dish, add layers of filo pastry on top and return to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve with some seasonal vegetables.