Skewers are so convenient to have for a barbecue because you can have them prepared in advance and also, once cool enough to handle, they are easy to eat as well.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
4 - Mushrooms
3 - Red Onion
peeled and diced into chunks
1 - Red Pepper
de-seeded and diced into chunks
1 - SuperValu Courgette
diced into chunks
2 sprigs SuperValu Fresh Thyme
woody stems removed
3 cloves SuperValu Garlic
2 - SuperValu Quality Irish Sirloin Steak
Baby Potato Salad
12 - SuperValu Baby Potatoes
From The Store Cupboard
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
3 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
0 - SuperValu Whole Black Peppercorns
- Mix all ingredients for the Marie-Rose sauce together and store in the fridge until required.
- Beef and Vegetable Skewers
- Begin by mixing together the oil and the crushed garlic and then add in the thyme leaves.
- In a decorative manner thread the cubed beef and vegetables onto some barbecue skewers.
- Brush the beef and vegetable skewers with the garlic and thyme oil and then cook on a preheated barbecue for approximately 3-4 minutes on either side.
- Place the potatoes into a large saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until tender, strain off the water and allow the potatoes to continue cooking.
- Allow the potatoes to cool down and then slice into thick chunks.
- Place the potatoes into a mixing bowl with the red onion and 2 tbsp mayonnaise.
- Season lightly and serve immediately with the skewers and Marie-Rose sauce.