Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 5 people
Add all ingredients Select All
50 ml Balsamic Vinegar
150 g Butter
1 - Carrots
1 tbsp English Mustard
3 - Garlic Cloves
200 g Green Beans
900 g Irish Smoked Ham Fillet
1 - Onion
600 g Rooster Potatoes
200 g SuperValu Signature Tastes Blackberry & Elderflower Conserve
1 tsp Thyme
- Place the ham in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Add the
onion, carrot and one clove of garlic. Cover the ham in water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 50 - 65 minutes (20 - 25 minutes per 500g). Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and fill with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes until softened. Remove from the heat, strain and mash the potatoes with the milk and butter. Season with salt. Keep warm until needed.
- Add the green beans to a saucepan of boiling salted water and boil for 4 - 5 minutes until just soft.
- Remove from the heat and immerse in ice water to stop them
cooking. Set aside until required.
- For the glaze, in a bowl, combine the mustard, blackberry conserve and balsamic vinegar. Preheat the oven to 160˚C. Remove the ham from thecooking liquid and place on a roasting tray.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully remove the skin from the ham, then score the fat in a criss-cross pattern. Spread the glaze over the ham with a spoon. Place into the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown, then remove and rest for 10 minutes, cover in tin foil, before carving.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan, melt the rest of the butter with the two remaining cloves of garlic. Add the blanched green beans and sauté for two minutes to warm and flavour.
- Carve the ham and serve with the mash and green beans while hot. Garnish with thyme and serve.