Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
55 g Caster Sugar
2 - Fresh Egg
160 mls Milk
450 g Plain Flour
125 g SuperValu Butter
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
7 g Yeast
Cinnamon and Berry Butter
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
3 tbsp Strawberry Jam
100 g SuperValu Brown Sugar
100 g SuperValu Butter
- Firstly to prepare the dough, mix the yeast, milk and vanilla in a bowl. Sieve in the flour, then add the sugar, salt, and mix to combine.
- Next, add the yeast and milk mixture, then add the eggs and melted butter. Using your hands, combine the dough until it comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- To make the maple glaze, pour the maple syrup into a pan and add the sugar and butter, cook gently over low heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- To make the cinnamon butter, mix together the butter, sugar, jam and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to make a 60cm x 25cm rectangle. Spread with the cinnamon and berry butter, leaving a 1cm border around the edge. Starting with the longest side, roll tightly to enclose the filling.
- Trim the edges of the bun and cut into 12 even pieces.
- Place the pieces, side-by-side and scroll-side up in a greased square baking tin. Set aside for 30-45 minutes or until doubled in size of the bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Place the tin on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes. Cover loosely with aluminium foil and bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Allow to stand for 2-3 minutes then brush with the maple glaze, allow to cool slightly before serving.