Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 - Black Pepper
2 - Carrots
100 ml Chicken Stock Cube
1 - Green Pepper
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1 pinch SuperValu Chilli Flakes
2 tins SuperValu Chopped Tomatoes
4 tsp SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
1 sprig SuperValu Fresh Rosemary
4 cloves SuperValu Garlic
2 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
2 - SuperValu Onion
750 g SuperValu Quality Irish Unsmoked Back Bacon Joint 700g
cut into 4 or 8 thick slices
0 - SuperValu Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Pour the olive oil into a pan over a high heat, add the onions, garlic, carrots and pepper and fry for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the herbs, seasoning and spice to the pan, then pour in the tomatoes, tomato sauce with a pinch of chilli flakes and chicken stock if required.
- Bring the sauce to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and pour the pan contents into an ovenproof baking dish, disperse the vegetables evenly in the base of the dish.
- Place the slices of back bacon onto the cooked vegetables and immerse slightly in the sauce. Place in a preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes until the bacon is cooked through.
- Baste the bacon with the tomato and chilli sauce from time to time to infuse the flavour.