Super quick supper that’s packed full of flavour and incorporates some of your five-a-day
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
6 - Bacon Rashers
100 g Cheddar Cheese
6 - Fresh Egg
1 small Red Onion
1 - Red Pepper
deseeded, thinly sliced
400 g SuperValu Baby Potatoes
very thinly sliced
50 ml SuperValu Cream
1 tbsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
1 cloves SuperValu Garlic
1 tbsp SuperValu Olive Oil
1 pinch SuperValu Salt
- Using a mandolin or food processor, thinly slice the potatoes, then dry the potato slices with a clean towel.
- Heat the oil in a 23-25cm (9-10”) non-stick frying pan. Add the onion, bacon and garlic and sauté for 6 - 8 minutes over a medium heat until softened but not coloured. Add the potatoes to the pan, tossing to combine. Season generously.
- Add the peppers and parsley and reduce the heat. Cook gently for 12 - 15 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to ensure the potatoes are cooked through.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and add the cream, half the cheese and some seasoning, whisk lightly with a fork.
- Preheat a grill on medium.
- Pour the egg mixture and cheese mixture over the potatoes, you may need to use a spatula to lift the potatoes to ensure an even distribution of the egg mixture. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes until the eggs underneath have set, the top should be still runny.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar over the surface of the tortilla and place under the preheated grill until light golden. Turn onto a chopping board or serving plate and serve with some salad leaves.