Tapenade is a very simple olive paste, delicious to have on hand to add a touch of the mediterranean to your life.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
4 - Anchovies
1 pinch Black Pepper
500 ml Chicken Stock Cube
2 - Lollipop Pork Chops
about 450g, trimmed and cut in half
1 pinch Salt
3 - Shallots
2 tbsp Sherry
25 g SuperValu Butter
1 tsp SuperValu Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
1 tsp SuperValu Fresh Thyme
200 ml SuperValu Olive Oil
450 g Supervalu Tagliatelle
- First make the tapenade. Put all the ingredients for it into a blender or food processor and blend for 2–3 minutes, until smooth. If you would like to make the paste a little looser, you can add an extra drizzle of olive oil.
- Spoon the tapenade into a bowl or transfer to a sterilized jar and pour 3–4 teaspoons olive oil over the top. Seal tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in an ovenproof frying pan. Add the pork fillets and half the butter and cook over a medium heat until the meat is brown all over. Transfer the pork to a plate, cover with kitchen foil and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter in the empty pan, add the shallots and sauté gently. Add the sherry and allow to evaporate, then pour in the stock. Season with a little salt and pepper, bring to the boil, then simmer for 5–8 minutes until reduced by half. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the tapenade and the thyme.
- Lay the pork fillets in the pan of sauce and bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the tagliatelle until al dente. Drain, then coat with the remaining oil.
- Cut the pork into diagonal slices and serve on a bed of pasta sprinkled with parsley and drizzled with the sauce.