I use fish stock in sauces, soups and risottos. Don't overcook fish stock as it can tarnish the taste and make it slightly bitter. Use within 2 - 3 days if refrigerated or alternatively freeze once cooled.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
50 g SuperValu Butter
100 g SuperValu Button Mushrooms
1 - SuperValu Dried Mixed Herbs
1 - SuperValu Leek
white part only finely sliced
1 - SuperValu Lemon
100 g SuperValu Onion
200 mls White Wine
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the fish bones and trimmings and combine with the vegetables, then pour in the white wine.
- Cook until reduced by two thirds then add 2 ½ litres of cold water.
- Add the lemon slices. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and add the herbs and seasoning.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, skimming occasionally. Strain through clean sheet of muslin over a large bowl.