There is nothing like a well-made beef stock. It is delicious in gravies, soups and sauces.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C/350⁰f/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the beef bones in a large roasting pan and bake for up to 1 hour until the bones are well browned.
- Transfer the bones to a large saucepan, add in the carrots, celery, onion, bay leaves and herbs and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 2 hours, skimming the surface every so often.
- Strain the stock through a fine sieve or strainer and allow to cool (preferably overnight).
- The next morning you can simply lift off and discard the fat, which will have solidified on the top.
- Cover with clingfilm (plastic wrap) and store in the refrigerator and use within 2 days, or freeze and use within 2 months.