Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 8 people
Add all ingredients Select All
0 - Black Pepper
225 g Carrots
400 ml Chicken Stock Cube
/Homemade Salt-Free Stick/Baby Stock
0 - SuperValu Butter
500 g SuperValu Irish Beef Mince
1 large SuperValu Onion
225 g SuperValu Potatoes
225 g SuperValu Tomato
- Peel and chop carrots and potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan of simmering water for approx 12-15 min’s until they are soft all the way through and suitable for mashing.
- In a separate sauce pan, place the carrots in simmering water for approx 10 min’s until soft.
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl of boiling water and set aside for 10 min’s until skin breaks and can be easily peeled off.
- While the vegetables are cooking, place the onions in a pan with a dash of olive oil and sauté until soft for 3-4 min’s.
- Add the minced beef to the pan and cook until browned through.
- Add the tomatoes and salt-free stock.
- Place a lid on saucepan and allow to boil for approx 12-15 min’s.
- If the mixture is too thin, allow to simmer uncovered for a further 5 min’s.
- When the carrots and potatoes are cooked combine them in a bowl with some butter and mash.
- Divide the mixture into separate containers or a large container placing the meat mixture at the bottom and the carrot and potato mash on top.