This makes a fantastic snack or, if served cold, great picnic food.
Serves: 4 people
SuperValu Baby Potatoes
(peeled and thinly sliced)
SuperValu Crispy Mixed Salad Bag
SuperValu Olive Oil
SuperValu Streaky Bacon Rashers
(cut into lardon size)
- Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a non-stick frying pan that is about 23-25 cm or 9-10 inches in diameter. Add the onion and bacon and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Dry the thinly sliced potatoes with a clean kitchen towel and add to the pan, tossing to combine. Season generously, reduce the heat and cover with a lid or plate, then cook gently for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and lightly golden.
- Turn them over once or twice and shake the pan occasionally to ensure that they cook evenly. When the potatoes become translucent and cooked, add the asparagus and cook for a further 2-4 minutes.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl, add a good pinch of seasoning, then whisk lightly with a fork. When the onion and potato mixture is cooked, drain off any excess oil and quickly stir into the beaten eggs.
- Wipe out the frying pan and use to heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Tip in the potato and egg mixture, pressing it down gently.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until there is virtually no raw egg mixture left on top of the frittata, pushing down the sides with a spatula for a curved edge.
- Invert onto a flat plate and slide the frittata back into the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes until just cooked through, but still very moist in the centre.
- To serve warm or cold, turn the frittata onto a chopping board and cut into wedges. Place a wedge on each serving plate and serve with separate bowls of mixed salad.