This is a fantastic vegetarian option, you could use mozzarella instead of goats cheese if preferred
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 2 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 packets Puff Pastry
4 - SuperValu Asparagus
cut in half
1 - SuperValu Beetroot
cooked, diced into small cubes
100 g SuperValu Goats Cheese
1 - SuperValu Lemon
0 - SuperValu Mixed Lettuce
- Blanch the asparagus spears in some boiling water for 2 – 3 minutes, then remove from the water and place in some cold water for 3 minutes to prevent further cooking.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface into an A4 sized shape and cut in half.
- Cut one half in two and retain the remaining pastry for another time.
- Grease a baking tray with some butter and place the pieces of pastry onto the tray.
- Place 4 pieces of asparagus onto each pastry and top with the crumbled goats cheese.
- Scatter the diced beetroot pieces onto the goats cheese.
- Season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the baking tray into the preheated oven and cook for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with Mixed Salad leaves, drizzle with some olive oil and juice of the lemon.