A beautiful way to top off your pork fillet, Dig in!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
150 g Apple
2 - Carrots
cut into chunks
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
3 tbsp Fresh Parsley Leaves
1 - Garlic
75 g Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
2 - Lollipop Pork Chops
trimmed, sinew removed
0 - Salt
1 tbsp SuperValu Butter
1 cm SuperValu Fresh Ginger
2 clove SuperValu Garlic
1 - SuperValu Lemon
finely grated zest and juice
1 - SuperValu Onion
2 - SuperValu Onion
16 - SuperValu Streaky Bacon Rashers
1 tbsp SuperValu Sunflower Oil
- To make the stuffing, melt the butter with the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and gently fry the shallot and garlic for 1 -2 minutes, stirring regularly until softened, but not coloured.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in apple, ginger, breadcrumbs, ground cumin, lemon zest and juice and the herbs.
- Put the pork fillets on a board, and butterfly the fillets by slicing lengthways to open the fillets.
- Lay a sheet of cling film on a flat surface then place the bacon in slightly overlapping lengths on top to fit the length of the pork fillets.
- Place one of the butterflied fillets in the centre of the bacon and spread the stuffing on top. Cover with the other fillet to sandwich the stuffing.
- Bring the bacon up over the top of the pork to enclose it completely, using the cling film to help you. Wrap tightly in more cling film to help hold the shape.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Lightly grease a baking tray and place the onion quarters, carrots and garlic halves onto the tray. Remove the clingfilm from the pork then place on the vegetables.
- Roast in the oven for about 40 - 50 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp and the pork is piping hot throughout.
- Remove the tray from the oven and transfer the pork to a board or warmed serving platter. Cover with foil and leave to rest before carving.
- Serve with some seasonal vegetables and creamy mash.