Apple and cinnamon what's not to love. Kids will love these super easy muffins by Siobhan Berry of Mummy Cooks. They are perfect as a snack or pack it in the lunchbox for an extra treat.
Serves: 12 people
2 tbsp Baking Powder
125 g Caster Sugar
2 - Eggs
large in size
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
60 g Olive Oil
1 pinch Salt
130 ml SuperValu Buttermilk
250 g SuperValu Granny Smith Apples
peeled and chopped
130 g SuperValu Plain Flour
65 g SuperValu Wholemeal Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 190°C. Grease your muffin tin or use a silicone muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and oil. Add to the dry mixture, and then add your chopped apple. At this stage, it is important to mix gently until everything is well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin then bake for 25 - 30 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Muffins can be frozen and will last for up to 3 months in your freezer.