This is an indulgent recipe and works absolutely wonderfully as a very sweet end to a delicious dinner party.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
225 g Apple
peeled, cored and cut into slices (such as Granny Smith or Coxes)
40 g Caster Sugar
200 g Granola
225 g Mixed Berries
100 g Plain Flour
75 g SuperValu Butter
cut into cubes
1 tbsp SuperValu Honey
1 - SuperValu Orange
finely grated rind and juice
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4.
- Place the apples and mixed berries in a pan with the caster sugar, orange rind and juice. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook gently for 5 minutes until the fruits are tender but still holding their shape. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Sift the plain flour into a bowl and stir in the granola. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, drizzle with a little honey.
- Divide the cooled fruit mixture among the ramekins and sprinkle the crumble on top.
- Arrange on a large baking sheet and bake for another 20-25 minutes until the crumble topping is crisp and golden brown.
To serve, arrange the crumbles on serving plates and serve with some warm custard.