The main trick for this cake is to resist taking a small portion only!
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
125 g Butter
, cut into cubes
2 pack Cadbury Chocolate Fingers
125 g Caster Sugar
100 ml Cream
175 g Dark Chocolate
4 medium Egg
, separated and left to come to room temperature
125 g Ground Almonds
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Icing Sugar
, for dusting
200 g Malteasers
200 g Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C.
- For the cake mixture;
- Grease and line a 20 cm or 8inch loose bottom round cake tin with baking parchment.
- Place the chocolate in a glass bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water over low heat.
- When melted, remove the bowl from the saucepan and add the butter, cube by cube, stirring until smooth.
- Then fold in half of the sugar and the ground almonds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites to a soft peak and slowly add the leftover caster sugar. Continue to beat until a light meringue texture has formed.
- Next, stir in the egg yolk into the cooled chocolate mixture. And immediately after, fold the egg white meringue very gently.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin, smooth over the top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top appears dry and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs attached (not a too wet mixture). Be careful not to overcook so the cake retains a moist consistency.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the tin.
- For the chocolate ganache;
- Prepare the chocolate ganache by bringing the cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Remove the saucepan from the heat and combine the 50g of chocolate and honey. Stir until smooth and pour over the cooled cake. Set aside for 5 minutes until the ganache has started to set. Carefully stick each chocolate finger around the cake and layer extra in the centre of the cake.
- prinkle a few marshmallows and maltesers. Place in the fridge to allow the chocolate ganache to set.
- When ready to serve add your favourite sweets over the cake and bring to the table!
- Enjoy within 2 days.