Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
300 g Broccoli
270 g Filo Pastry
(7 sheets we use Jus Rol)
100 ml Olive Oil
400 g Sweet Potatoes
2 tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- For the sauce, simmer the cashew nuts in a pot of just-boiled water for fi ve minutes until soft. Drain and rinse.
- For the veg, cut the broccoli and sweet potato into small bite-size pieces. Add the sweet potato to a large pan along with one teaspoon of oil and a generous pinch of salt, cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and mix well, then add two tablespoons of water and cover the pan with a tightly fitting lid, this will help trap the
steam and cook your veg quicker. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the broccoli is just cooked but not too soft.
- For the sauce, add the rinsed, soaked cashew nuts into the blender along with the water, garlic powder, lemon juice and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Mix the sauce through the cooked veg while still warm, add to the
ovenproof dish and smooth out to an even layer.
- For the filo pastry topping, using scissors, trim the pastry sheets to fit your pie dish.
- Take one sheet of pastry at a time, brush generously with olive oil and transfer to cover the top of the pie.
- Repeat until all seven sheets have been used, tucking the pastry in
around the sides.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favourite salad.