A twist on a classic, this is a healther version of brownies using sweet potatoes. They add slow-release energy and a great texture, and they don't overpower the taste.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
40 g Cacao powder
sifted, plus extra for dusting
2.5 tbsp Coconut Flour
120 ml Coconut Oil
2 - Eggs
1 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
115 ml Honey
1 medium Sweet Potatoes
peeled and grated
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/gas mar 4. Line a square 25cm x 25cm baking tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the eggs, grated sweet potato, melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and stir together until they are well mixed.
- Add the cacao powder and baking soda and stir. Finally, fold in the coconut flour until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking tin and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean and dry. Cool on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes before carefully removing the brownies from the tin.
- To serve, cut into squares and dust with a little cacao powder. Or you could melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it over the top. Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt.