If you make this avocado soup just before serving, it's guaranteed to keep its vibrant green colour. This soup makes a great summer starter.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
1 pinch Black Pepper
1 litre Chicken Stock Cube
300 ml Creme Fraiche
1 - Lime
1 pinch Salt
2 large SuperValu Avocado
1 - SuperValu Fresh Coriander
chopped, to garnish
- Cut each avocado by slicing through it vertically along the length of the fruit until you reach the stone, then continue all the way around. Take each half and twist with your hands to seperate them, leaving the stone in one of the halves. If the stone doesn't come out easily, you can give it a firm jab with the sharp edge of your knife, then twist and pull the stone out. Slice gently through the flesh but don't cut through the skin, first vertically, then horizontally. Using a large spoon, scoop the diced avocado into a bowl.
- Add 2 heaped tablespoons of the creme fraiche to the avocado and mash with a fork until well combined. Add the lime juice, then either using a food processor or a hand-held blender, process until smooth.
- Heat the chicken stock in a small saucepan until it's just below the simmering point, then stir in the rest of the creme fraiche and approximately 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Slowly start adding the puréed avocado into the hot stock, whisking until it's well incorporated. Do not allow the soup to come to the boil. Season to taste as the soup is warming up.
- Divide the soup into four bowls and sprinkle with some freshly chopped coriander and cracked black pepper.