by Kevin Dundon
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 6 people
Add all ingredients Select All
12 medium Superquinn Award Winning Irish Sausages
FOR THE VIETNAMESE SALAD
2 medium Carrots
80 g Caster Sugar
4 tbsp Coriander
0.5 small Cucumber
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
4 tsp Pickled Jalapenos
100 ml Rice Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Tabasco
1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Start with your salad; in a saucepan, bring the vinegar, caster sugar and salt to a simmer. Remove from the heat and add the grated carrots to the boiling liquid.
- Stir and set aside to pickle while cooling. In a second bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the tomato purée and add soy sauce and tabasco to taste.
- Once the carrots are pickled and cooled, lift the carrots from the pickling liquid into a bowl. Add the cucumber, pickled jalapenos and coriander leaves and toss with a dash of fish sauce and soy sauce.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium or until the charcoal ashes turn white.
Place the sausages over indirect heat and cook for 8 minutes.
- Switch to a high heat for the last few minutes to help colour the sausages.
Once the sausages are cooked, warm the bread rolls and drizzle some mayonnaise or butter on the base.
- Add the salad leaves, the sausages and then your Vietnamese salad.