This recipe goes really well with a green leaf salad in the summer.
Ingredients Add to Shopping List
Serves: 4 people
Add all ingredients Select All
800 g Chickpeas
1 - Fresh Egg
1 tsp Poppy Seeds
1 sheet Puff Pastry
1 - Red Pepper
1 cup SuperValu Baby Spinach
200 g SuperValu Feta Cheese
1 tbsp SuperValu Pesto
2 tbsp SuperValu Semi Sundried Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- With a hand blender, blitz the chickpeas, Pesto, Sundried Tomatoes, Spinach and Pepper, so they are roughly chopped.
- Crumb the Feta Cheese into the mixture by hand so you have some lumps.
- Spoon the mixture on to the sheet of pastry in a line 4cm in from the edge. Egg wash both sides and roll the pastry over, pressing down and in to remove any air pockets.
- Trim 1 cm off the edges, so you have a sharp edge but don't run the risk of it coming loose.
- Lightly egg wash the top and sprinkle over the poppy seeds. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once Cooked Slice the roll into 5/6 portions. Serve hot.